Not sure how to start writing an essay? Start with a simple...Posted in Student Tips

KaitlynBishop

Before we talk about how to start writing academized reviews, we need to reiterate what this literary genre is. Any textbook tells you roughly the same thing: the essay, as a genre of literature, originated during the Renaissance. Michel de Montaigne and his philosophical essays on the nature of things are at its origins. It is from this time can be counted - a new literary genre appeared - the essay or a small essay, where the author probably expresses his opinion about this or that subject.

If you do not dare to write about something, it means that the topic is not studied enough by you, or is not interesting at all. The question of how to start an essay is directly related to understanding the topic, so even before you start, you should decide what you can and want to write about. Let the initial essay be extensive and the reasoning vague, but all the thoughts you have on the topic should be written down. Do not be afraid of the words, their number, because when writing a large volume, the issue that is closest to you will figure out by itself.

An example of how to start an essay correctly
Here is a simple example: reflections on the nature of love. The topic is broad, writing and writing about it, in general, all literature is built on human relationships, and therefore, in one way or another, touches on this issue. The structure of the essay is free, arguments can be expressed even before the thesis statement, which will be formulated later, so you can write about love as you write. The beginning can be completely arbitrary, but the more you write, the clearer the issue that is more close to you in this topic will be, and then you should start writing from the beginning.

This is the real creativity, it is impossible to write something worth reading in an hour unless you are a literary genius. Don't be afraid to get into the wilds of your chosen topic, maybe that's where, in the depths of your reasoning, you'll find something that no one else has managed to see before you. There is another way to start writing an essay, which is to choose a controversial aphorism, but again, your knowledge of the topic should be deeper than that given at school or university. In the course of writing an essay, you need to state your opinion on the topic of the aphorism, and the argumentation you will use should be weighty.

At the same time, you should not forget that an essay is not a story, not an essay, not a short story, but just an essay, the volume of which is very small. This means that all the expressions you will use should be precise, figurative, and at the same time, you should be able to show your unique perspective on the issue at hand.

It may seem incredibly difficult to write an essay, and thinking so you would be wrong, because the more you know about the essay topic, the more often you write in this genre, the easier it will be to highlight your thoughts vividly and clearly. Can't manage to write an essay on your own, get help from experts who will not only help you with your essay writing, but also teach you how to do it yourself.

Everything has a beginning and a conclusion, and so does your essay work. Write more often, write on topics that are personally close to you, don't be afraid to be original in your thoughts. Clichés in literature are bad, a lot of arguments are "flowing down the tree", let you write something completely ordinary, but understandable to you, which means that it will be understood by the teacher. In addition, the essay allows you to be experimental in presenting your thoughts, your vision of the subject, and everyone can be the best at writing essays.

Resources:
What is an essay?
5 STEPS IN PREPARING ESSAYS FOR STANDARDIZED TESTS
Where to start writing an essay: 7 tips
Universal essay outline

donaldriskell

Hello KaitlynBishop, I wanted to say thank you for sharing this information with us. I will use this guide when for my college essay application. I will also share the link with my friends. I hope more students like me see this topic. On the other hand, read full article of the most trending games right now by visit the link I provided here . And for those people who have no idea about the game, watch the video here. Hope you will also check it. Thank you!