“Vice-President Trump…” | Biden Confuses Kamala Harris With Ex-US President

George4

“Vice-President Trump…” | Biden Confuses Kamala Harris With Ex-US President During a high-stakes press conference on July 11 President Joe Biden mistakenly referred to Vice President Kamala Harris as former President Donald Trump."Look, I wouldn't have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president if she was not qualified to be president. So let's start there. Number one. The fact is that the consideration is that I think I'm the most qualified person to run for president. I beat him once and I will beat him again."President Biden also addressed the ongoing situation with Russia, stating that he has no reason to talk to Russian President Vladimir Putin unless there is a change in his behavior. At the solo news conference ending the NATO summit, Biden said, "Putin's got a problem" due to Russia's lack of success in its two-and-a-half-year war against Ukraine."I have no good reason to talk to Putin right now," Biden reiterated.In another slip during the NATO summit in Washington, President Biden mistakenly referred to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as "President Putin" before quickly correcting himself."And now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination, ladies and gentlemen, President Putin," Biden said, referring to Zelensky, before correcting himself. "You're going to beat President Putin, President Zelensky. I am so focused on beating Putin," he added.Biden has been under intense scrutiny recently, facing doubts from members of his own Democratic Party about his reelection chances after a weak and faltering performance in a debate late last month against Republican former President Donald Trump.