Vance Welcomed With Boos At Firefighters Union Event In Boston

George4

Vance Welcomed With Boos At Firefighters Union Event In Boston Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance was greeted with some cheers and some boos when speaking to a top firefighters union, a day after his Democratic rival appeared before the same crowd.Vance appeared Thursday at the annual meeting of the International Association of Firefighters, one of the country's largest labour organizations, at its convention in Boston.The IAFF backed Biden's candidacy in the 2020 campaign but has yet to endorse a ticket in the 2024 presidential race. Both sides are actively courting the union vote, knowing it will be crucial to winning the battleground Rust Belt states.As Vance began his remarks to some audible boos, he responded, "Sounds like we've got some fans and some haters, That's OK - listen to what I have to say here, I'll make my pitch."Vance again prompted a similar reaction when he said that he and Trump "are the most pro-American worker ticket in history."The GOP vice presidential nominee's appearance comes a day after Walz addressed the same group.Vance also aimed to make a personal connection with first responders, talking about how he called for help when his mother, who in the past struggled with addiction, nearly overdosed and segued into a call for stemming drug trafficking across the U.S.-Mexico border.He got a larger reaction of cheers later in his remarks, when he promised support for collective bargaining and more benefits for firefighters.