US Vice President Kamala Harris addressed Trump’s comments

George4

US Vice President Kamala Harris addressed Trump’s comments US Vice President Kamala Harris addressed comments made earlier on July 31 by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who accused her of changing her racial identity for political gain.Speaking at an event with members of the historically Black sorority Sigma Gamma Rho in Houston, Texas, Harris said, "It was the same old show of divisiveness and disrespect. The American people deserve better."The Vice President emphasized that the United States deserves a president who does not "respond with hostility and anger when confronted with the facts" and one "who understands that our differences do not divide us."During the Houston event, Harris also vowed to reinstate reproductive freedoms. "And I promise you, when I am president of the United States, and when Congress passes a law to restore reproductive freedoms, I will sign it into law," she said.Since launching her White House campaign earlier this month, Harris has faced a barrage of sexist and racist attacks online, with some far-right accounts questioning her racial identity. Republican Party leaders have urged lawmakers to refrain from personal attacks and focus on her policy positions.