Popstar Taylor Swift Urges Fans To Vote In Upcoming US Presidential Elections

George4

Popstar Taylor Swift Urges Fans To Vote In Upcoming US Presidential Elections Pop megastar Taylor Swift on September 11 took the stage at MTV’s Video Music Awards to rally her fans to register to vote in the U.S. presidential election.“Thank you to MTV for giving me this opportunity to thank the fans… And the fact that this is a fan-voted award and you voted for this. I appreciate it so much. And if you are over 18, please register to vote for something else that's very important to me. It's the 2024 U.S. presidential election,” Swift said, as a deafening cheer greeted her urgent call to action.Swift's black-and-white video "Fortnight", featuring Post Malone, won Video of the year, the top honour at MTV's annual Video Music Awards.Soon after Vice President Kamala Harris finished debating her Republican rival Donald Trump on Tuesday (September 10) night, Swift told her 283 million Instagram followers that Harris and running mate Tim Walz would get her vote in the Nov. 5 election. Her Instagram post drew more than 9 million "likes" from fans and celebrities including Jennifer Aniston, U.S. basketball star Caitlin Clark and Selena Gomez.