Olympics Fever Hits Los Angeles As Olympic Flag Arrives In The Host City Of The 2028 Games

George4

Olympics Fever Hits Los Angeles As Olympic Flag Arrives In The Host City Of The 2028 Games The Olympic flag arrived on July 12 in Los Angeles, where it will be flown in 2028 when the city hosts the next Summer Games.The flag arrived aboard a Delta Airlines jet carrying American athletes and officials and was painted with "LA28" and palm trees on its side. Hip-hop legend Tupac Shakur's "California Love" blasted on loudspeakers on the tarmac at Los Angeles International Airport as the plane came to a stop.Accountant Charity Manley wants to be part of the excitement in four years.“I already signed up at LA28.com or org. I'd love to be a volunteer, and then also see a bunch in person. I think we're going to have a full house," she told Reuters.Moshe Issacian says he's expecting a dramatic event. "Oh, there's got to be Michael Bay explosions. We need to see, like, celebrities show up. It's got to be, like, even better than the Super Bowl, if you ask me."The International Olympic Committee awarded Los Angeles the right in 2017 to host the 2028 Games. It will be the third time LA has hosted the Games in the modern era, after being the host city in 1932 and 1984.