How to buy a SIM card in Mauritius?

Flighstickets

Mauritius an island nation is famous for attracting a wide range of tourists People usually, get there to relax at the beaches, enjoy a honeymoon, kiteboarding, windsurfing, or try the delicious seafood. If you are also looking to head to this popular tourist destination, get the Mauritius tour packages from Dubai and get more from here. While in Mauritius, there is a major concern that cannot be ignored i.e. Buying a SIM card. Having a SIM card will help you to easily navigate through the paths and you can get in touch with your loved ones living in your resident country. In this blog, we will discuss how you can get a SIM card in Mauritius and the famous SIM operators with the best travel agency in Dubai.

SIM providing Companies

There are 3 network providers in Mauritius i.e. my.t, Emtel, and Chili. Of these operators, my.t is the top famous operator providing wide coverage and the highest prices. Emtel is in the second position with cheaper prices and not so much coverage range to all parts of the islands. Last, Chili is the cheapest with the least coverage.

Where to buy a Prepaid SIM card in Mauritius?

There are various areas in Mauritius where you can buy a SIM card. The first place is the airport where you find counters selling SIM cards of different operators like Emtel and my.t. But it is important to know that there are fewer options and also with higher prices.

If you want an Emtel SIM card in your phone, you can visit local stores in Mauritius, but they cannot register the SIM card to your name, so it is better to visit Emtel with proper documentation.

It is also important to note that SIM activation in Mauritius is not a fast process. Different SIM operators have different time durations for example, Emtel SIM activation takes about 1 hour. The famous operator My.t Sim card activates within 2 or 3 days.

Which SIM card operator has the best mobile coverage in Mauritius?

• My.t
  • It is the biggest operator in Mauritius with lots of subscribers. It has the top as well as largest mobile coverage throughout the country including the islands of Agalega and Rodrigues. Its earlier name was Orange till 2017 and then rebranded as my.t. You can buy a sim from My.t stores or Telecom Mauritius stores.

• Emtel
  • It is the second-highest operator in Mauritius with its 3G network. Its prices are very low at just 100 MRU in the stores of Emtel in which 87 MRU credits are used in providing 300 MB for 7 days, unlimited Facebook use for seven days, and 250 SMS for ninety days.

• Chili
  • It is the smallest operator in Mauritius with affordable prices throughout the country. Now, Chili started offering 3G and 4G networks and is also committed to working on real LTE/4G networks. This SIM card is sold at 100 MRU at different Chili stores.

Wi-Fi coverage in Mauritius

If talking about mobile coverage, it is often to include a Wi-Fi facility in Mauritius. There are lots of hotels & guest houses, and Airbnb has Wi-Fi facilities. Some restaurants also offer Wi-Fi with some network names like HUAWE. Apart from this, there are more than 350 internet hotspots that are spread throughout the island. The Mauritian Government started the facility under the Wi-Fi hotspot program in 2017.

Wander across the island without any network hindrance with different SIM card mobile coverage and Wi-Fi coverage throughout the nation.